Thursday, September 13, 2007

I am NOT eating that!

I love making dinner for my family. I bet that at least once a week everyone will eat what I fix with out complaining. Take last night for example. I made Stuffed Peppers in the Crock Pot & we had home made bread to eat with it. Yes I said home made bread. Bread that I actually made myself from scratch. Now everyone loves home made bread. You have to. I thought it was a rule. Everyone this is except Queenie. She has got to be the pickiest eater on the planet. Most of the time whatever I make she will say, "I am so NOT eating that!" Then because she has said she is not eating it the Princess will not eat it either. I do try to make stuff that everyone likes but it is really hard when she only likes 2 things. Turkey & Chicken. I like turkey & chicken just as much as the next guy but I can't make them every night. There are really only a few ways to make chicken that she will eat. I usually make in it the crock pot & I use Cream of Mushroom soup. Once she found out I was using Cream of Mushroom soup in there she wouldn't eat it.

"I don't like mushrooms Mom, you know that."

Of course I know that. I know everything that she doesn't eat. I'm just a little sketchy on the stuff she WILL eat. She exists on Peanut Butter Sandwiches & cereal when I make stuff she doesn't like. Which is most of the time.

I was never one of those Moms who made each kid a different meal when they didn't like what I fixed. I hate cooking anyway, mostly because my family is so picky. I just figured they could eat Apple Sauce, Bread & Butter & Cheese if they chose not to eat what I fixed. Nobody has starved yet so my method must be working. I have yet to get a phone call from school telling me my child starved to death, so think I'm good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay lady, it is time to tell Queenie that she is old enough to start cooking for the family. Once a week (or if that makes you quake in your boots, once a month), she can plan a meal, you will go over it and make sure she has the ingredients when the time comes and she will prepare and serve it!
I have done that with my 16 and 13 year olds because I (who also dislike cooking for people who say "is that what we're having- what's for dessert?) had enough criticism. They can learn what it's like trying to please a group of people - especially the picky one. Once they have to cook and discover the effort involved, our hope is that they will "Get Over Themselves"!!!!

Have a nice day.