Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Queenie will be 16 in a few days. I'm not quite sure how it happened. One day I was giving her a bath in the tub with her brother & now she's turning 16 & driving. And she won't take a bath with her brother any more either. But that's a good thing! At least she showers regularly. For lots of kids showers are optional. So is changing clothes. I still have 1 kid who won't change clothes unless he is reminded. I won't mention any names, ok Spike? I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone. Hehehe! I don't have that problem with Queenie. She can change clothes several times a day. And when she takes them off she wads them up nicely & tosses them in a pile on the floor. This pile then gets walked on for about a week or until she runs out of clothes. Then she tosses EVERYTHING in the hamper Everything on the floor is dirty whether it has worn for 2 seconds or not. Face it, it has been walked on all week. It must to be dirty.

I just e-mailed the family about the party. I love it that I can contact almost everyone in the family by e-mail. The only ones I can't get are the parents. I don't think they are going to get a computer just so I can e-mail them. They like it when you call them anyway.

I always have a problem when planning birthday parties for my kids. If I have 1 party, it's a biggie. 44 people if everyone shows up. But then it's done & I only have to make the house "party clean" once. If I do 2 parties. One for my family & then one for the other side I have to have the house "party clean" twice. Having a clean house is not a bad thing at all. I actually like it when it's "party clean". That usually only lasts for a day or 2 around here. Sad really. Then I have to decide whether or not to feed everyone an actual meal or just cake. Do I have it in the afternoon or evening? If I have it too early in the afternoon then the Princess doesn't get a nap. Not a good thing. If I do it late in the afternoon then we end up eating cake for dinner. That's not always a bad thing. I love cake. But when you are 3 you shouldn't eat cake for dinner because that will be the time the teacher asks you to announce to the class what you had for dinner last night. Cake is not the appropriate answer.

This is way to stressful!

So what it boiled down to is we are having 1 family party & I am feeding them a meal. It will start around 3ish so the Princess will at least get a little nap. Now all I have left to do is let my cook know the menu that I have decided on & tell my maid that the house MUST be squeaky clean by Sunday. *sigh* I forgot. I had to downsize. I let them go. Guess it's up to me to do all the work. Why is it always me? Oh I remember.

I'm the Mom, that's why.

No comments: