Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Out of office

Tomorrow I am going camping. The whole family goes camping on Columbus Day weekend. It's a tradition. It's everyone's favorite trip, but it's also the last one of the season. After this the campers get put away for the winter. Kind of sad really. So because I am leaving tomorrow I have been running around like a mad women trying to get ready. It's not like I didn't know this trip was coming. It comes at the same time every year. But I also do this every year too.

A few weeks ago the fridge in my trailer broke. I ordered parts but of course it still doesn't work. So I have to use coolers this year. I haven't had to use a cooler while camping in years. I think I forgot how. Tomorrow while the Princess is in school I have to buy ice. Lots of ice. Pookie is coming over on Saturday morning with Spike & Queenie. There is too much going on on Friday night for them to come then. Queenie has driving lessons & Spike has football practice. My kids are really messing with my social life, such as it is. Good thing the campground is only an hour away. If I forget anything I can call him & he can bring it, IF he remembers.

Because I am leaving Thursday with the Princess the other kids will have to get themselves up & to school all by their little selves. I am a little worried about this because I have to wake them up every morning because they either sleep through their alarms or shut them off. Pookie is gonna have to call them in the morning just to make sure they are up.

I am going to enjoy 2 nights without most of my family. I am really looking forward to it! AND I don't feel bad at all! What I am really going to enjoy is sitting by the fire while Pookie has to do all the chasing around to pick up kids. I usually do all the picking up . I leave extra early(without the Princess) & bring a book to read. It's pretty much the only alone time I get anymore. Now that the Princess has to shower with me EVERY morning I don't even get the shower to myself.

I just figured out how many campers we will have this year. There will be 7 trailers & about 27 people. I am really looking forward to it. The weather is supposed to be in the 80°'s. I plan on spending a lot of time in my lawn chair. So until Monday I will be out of the office, so to speak.
Hopefully I will have some good stories for you.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: