Friday, November 16, 2007

It's official. It's Winter

It's cold. Now I remember why I hate Winter. Carseats. Yep, that's why. Yesterday the Princess wore her winter coat to school. I got her in the carseat & started to buckle her up.

Princess: Mom, I can't breathe!
Mom: Hang on, it's not far to school.


Did I really say that out loud? I really gotta work on thinking before I talk. What if DCFS was just around the corner & heard me? I gotta be careful. This could get ugly. (If they showed up right now they would see the Princess running through the house naked wearing a Princess cape & carrying a feather duster & a magic wand. She is hunting for a skunk. Well..... what do you wear when you go skunk hunting?)

Seriously I was having a hard time trying to buckle her into her seat. She is bigger this year & with a poofy winter coat on it is almost impossible to get her in the seat so she can still breathe. Breathing is overrated isn't it?
I am going to have to take the darn seat out of The Tank(I HATE doing that) & see if there is any way I can lengthen the straps. If I can't find any way to do that I'm going to have to switch her to a booster seat. She is old enough & weighs enough but I wasn't going to do it until she out grew this seat. That time is coming. What a good time too. With Christmas coming I have that never ending supply of money. Ha, I wish. I should of planted a money tree when I was little. It would be really big by now.

I did the only thing I could to get my kid to school still breathing. I took off her coat & buckled her into the seat. After all The Tank is in the garage so it's sorta warm. I put a blanket over her & drove to school. I just put her coat on before getting out of The Tank. I'm gonna have to work on this problem though. I don't think it's going to go away. I think she is gonna get bigger. Although it's not a guarantee, but my other kids grew. In fact Smitty is about 6 feet. So it's probably a given that she will grow.

I'm going out to The Tank to wrestle with that darn carseat. If I don't post in the next few days, it was nice knowing ya. The carseat won.

No comments: