Sunday, November 11, 2007

44 days til Christmas

Christmas is coming!! Do your have your kids Christmas lists yet? I don't. I get a new toy catalog almost everyday in the mail. I save them all. They tend to keep the Princess busy when I need to get stuff done. And there is always stuff to be done around here. So far she wants EVERYTHING. Not really a problem for her. She thinks Santa is great & can bring her anything she wants. I am having a hard time getting Chirstmas ideas out of my kids now that they are older. The Princess is no problem. It's the older ones that I am having a problem with. Pookie actually gave me an idea yesterday so I went & got it right away. I NEVER get good ideas for him so I had to get it right away so I wouldn't forget it. Now if I can only remember that I have it when it's wrapping time..............

I had lunch at Olive Garden yesterday. I had never eaten there before. It was yummy. I love the bread sticks. I could of made a meal of just those. I have a good friend who is moving to another state far away from me. This was a goodbye lunch. We all had a good time chatting & eating. One thing women are good at is yacking up a blue streak. Lunch was at 12:30 so I wrote on the calendar that it was at noon. That meant I could leave the house earlier. **grin** It was about a 1/2 hour drive. I got there is plenty of time to hit the mall & get Pookie's gift. We didn't leave until around 3:15. I was in no hurry to get home. I was kidless! On the way home I decided that I would hit JoAnn Fabrics. After all I was alone. But I forgot about my sense of direction. Or lack of it. I don't have one at all. How hard could it be to find JoAnn's? So I drove. And drove And drove. I was thinking that I should be seeing it soon. Then I saw my turn off for home. I missed it. I guess I zigged when I should of zagged. How sad is that? I was really looking forward to a shopping trip ALONE. I don't get those very often.


One thing I love about Christmas is all the shopping that I HAVE to do. I am one of those people who LOVES to get up at the crack of dawn & go shopping on Black Friday. I think I like it so much because I go alone. I took Queenie with me 2 years ago & she said never again. She doesn't DO 4:00 am. I have a lot of people on my list & I like to get started as soon as I can. If it means I have to get up at 4:00 am so I can shop alone then that's what I do. I gotta get my alone time when ever I can.

This year I have gotten crafty. I am actually making a few gifts. I have a big project that I want to do. I want to make a quilt. We'll see how that goes. A lot of time I have great ideas(usually while in the shower) but they never pan out.

Tonight the Princess is going to bed early because she didn't get a nap. I might actually get some crafty stuff done tonight.

I'll miss you Celina.

No comments: