Friday, January 25, 2008

My Mission

My mission (if I chose to accept it) was to go shopping with my best friend & help her find a rolling tote to hold all of her scrapbooking stuff. It was gonna be tough spending her money but I thought I was up to the challenge. She said since I sucked her in got her interested in scrapbooking it was my duty to help her. First she looked at my rolling totes to see if they would work for her, then we were off. It was really cold out but her car has heated seats so I thought I would make it. Her car also tells you the temp outside. Last night it said -2° when we left. I didn't need to know that. Even though it was "freeze your face off" cold I went shopping with her. Why? Because I got out of the house without my kids. We had a great time shopping. It's amazing how much stuff I thought she needed. I spent $4.00 & she spend $3000.00. Well maybe not quite that much. She didn't even get a tote. After hitting Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics & Archiver's we finally found the tote in Archiver's. After finding out that they have coupon's every once in a while she opted to wait. But I was VERY successful in getting her to spend her money. I'm sure once her husband finds out how well I did he will want to thank me personally. I think a gift card in a large amount would be an acceptable gift don't you? Or cash. Cash is always good.

We had a blast shopping together. We even had dinner. It's been a long time since we've done that. Plus I discovered another talent I have. I am VERY GOOD at spending other peoples money. Who knew? I'm also very tough. After all her car told us it was -8° when we were on the way home. How many people do you know who will shop in weather that cold?

If you need YOUR money spent & it's cold out I'm your girl.

No comments: