Monday, January 28, 2008

Errands are never quick

Today I had errands to run. We are totally out of milk & juice. I'm not sure how that happened. Pookie & I even went to Aldi over the weekend. Of course I had no idea that we were totally out of juice until I got home. Then because we didn't have any that's all the Princess wanted to drink. Like a broken record she kept asking for juice. We kept telling her we were out but she wasn't buying it at all. I think she thought if she asked enough I would eventually produce some. Didn't happen.

Because I had plans this morning Spike woke up puking. Happens every time I make plans. You would think I would learn. At least he is old enough where I can leave him home alone for a little while. I left the house well before 9:00 hoping to get everything done quickly so I could get back to him. While driving to the store I noticed the "check gages" light pop on.
Hmmmm. That's not supposed to be there.
I look at the gages & the 2nd one is almost all the way over to the right.
Uh-oh that's not supposed to be over there. It's supposed to be on the left.
I call Pookie & he tells me to stop the truck right away. So what do I do? I drive the rest of the way to the store. After all I can't just stop the car on the side of the road. (Just for the record Pookie expects this. I have also been known to drive home on a flat tire) Just as I stop the truck smoke starts to pour out of the hood. That can't be a good thing.
Pookie calls a friend to pick us up and the poor Tank is left sitting all alone in the parking lot. I just know that I will have to get to go along tonight to bring it home or take it someplace to be fixed. I can't wait.

I guess it's a good thing we are the "Sanford's" of the neighborhood & have extra vehicles around. At least I will have something to drive while the Tank is in the shop.

No comments: