Monday, April 21, 2008

It's official, I'm a grown-up

We got our income tax back. When we got them back my first thought was "Great,I can fill all the vehicles up to the top with gas". That's what we did. What ever happened to "oh we got our taxes back, what cool thing are we gonna buy?" I knew it was "official grown up thinking" that made me do that. In the past we have put on a deck & bought a new tv. All fun stuff. My "fun stuff" thinking has been replaced with paying bills before going out, paying bills before eating out & just paying bills. I did not sign up for that! I signed up for a loving husband, adoring kids & a lovely squeaky clean house. I got the loving husband, I got the kids but they are not the adoring ones that worship the ground I walk on that I asked for. As for the squeaky clean house well that's not happening either. I need a maid for that cause obviously I'm not cut out to clean house. There just isn't time to clean the house in between all my laying on the couch in my robe & eating bon bons. By the time I'm finished eating all my bon bons I'm to tired to clean the house. Pookie isn't very understanding about that at all. What does he know. I need my "me time" ya know.

I don't want to be a grown-up any more. There is too much to worry about. All the paying bills, who has to be where at what time & who's gonna get them there, the cooking, the cleaning(or not cleaning), the laundry. If my Mom had told me what being married & being a parent all involved I would of never done it.

Oh who am I kidding, I wouldn't of believed her & done it anyway. And some days being a grown-up is not all bad. But some days it really sucks.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences here on your blog.